The season is about to kick-off and you’ll doubtless want to know which Saturdays, Sundays and midweek nights to keep free for games.
Here, then, is a guide to getting the fixtures for our men’s and women’s teams into your computer/phone calendar so that you don’t miss a fixture, even if the dates are moved.
For this, we’re going to use the calendars provided by Footballwebpages.co.uk to save you having to enter all the data manually.
First, go to the calendar page of the team you want fixtures for. You can select men’s, women’s or both.
Once you’re on that page, use the drop-down menus to select whether or not you want to include friendlies (warning: friendlies often don’t appear on Footballwebpages’ calendars anyway) and how long before a game you wish to receive a reminder in your calendar app. The default period is an hour, which is pretty short notice unless you live next door to The Pan, but you can choose up to a day in advance.
Once you’ve done that, hit the blue COPY button shown.
The calendar page on Footballwebpages has instructions on how to add the fixtures calendar you’ve just copied to Google Calendar (for Android users – see below), iPhone/iPad and Microsoft Outlook, so we’re not going to bother repeating the instructions here. Just scroll down beneath the copy button and you’ll find the instructions there.
If you want both men and women’s fixtures, you’ll need to repeat the process.
Once you’ve done all that, fixtures should appear in your calendar as appointments like any other work meeting. If the fixture is postponed, the calendar should update automatically, although it often takes Footballwebpages a few days to update when games are rearranged.
Alas, Footballwebpages doesn’t keep fixtures for the various youth teams, so you’ll have to keep an eye on the club website and social media accounts for details of youth fixtures.
A few folk have had issues with getting the fixtures to work on Android phones, so here are step-by-step instructions for those users.
- Open Google Calendar on a desktop computer/laptop, not your phone
- At the bottom left of the screen, click on the + sign next to Other Calendars and select ‘From URL’
- Now paste in the calendar you copied from Footballwebpages (as shown above) in the field that says URL of calendar and press the button to Add Calendar
- Now open the Google Calendar app on your phone – other apps may work, but may have slightly different processes
- In Google Calendar, press the settings button (three horizontal lines at the top of the screen) and then scroll down and select ‘Settings’ again
- Scroll through your available calendars and make sure the Lewes FC fixtures are selected. You might have to press the ‘Show more’ button to get the calendar to appear.